Nick and I had to deal with something really sad the past week or so. We had to put our beloved dog, Morgan, down to sleep. He had been throwing up/having messy poo since August. Our Vet believed it was Irritable Bowel Syndrome. We had tried several different diets and medicine regimens and sometimes they'd work, but then he'd always go back to throwing up/having messy poo. Last Monday Morgan finally stopped eating. I had to trick him to eat with feeding him a peanut butter sandwich that I had pretended I wanted to eat, in order to get him to eat it (our food was always more appetizing to him). I told Nick he needed to take him in before our vacation because I was worried he would die while we were gone. We were going away to CA to visit my grandma, aunts, and cousins for five days. He took him in Tuesday morning and the Vet said he wanted to test Morgan for a tick related disease or Cancer through ultrasound on Friday. I was convinced it must've been a tick related disease because I had had Lyme's disease last June (yes...while pregnant, Saydee thankfully wasn't effected by it). On Friday, we got the news that Morgan had had stomach Cancer and it had spread to his lymph nodes. A vet tech took Morgan home in order to keep him as comfortable as possible while they waited for us to get back. On Monday, April 25th, we had to put Morgan to rest. The Vet said he didn't expect it was Cancer because Morgan was so young. He would have been three in June. He also said the Cancer was very advanced...throughout all of his intestines and lymph nodes. This was a shock to Nick and I because this whole time we had thought he had something curable. Then we basically lost our dog within a week. He was just growing out of the puppy stage too... still so young. He was a people pleaser and lover. He loved to be around his people, which is why...I'm convinced..he stayed around as long as he did. We love you too, doggie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




.jpg)
That is sad. I didn't know you had Lyme disease! We have so few cases out here. We lost our boxer two years ago and rescued a giant mastiff. She had been severely abused and would have been put down for sure. Now, she is my best buddy! Maybe it's time for a new dog and a new post about Sadee and her cool crayons?
ReplyDelete